Pita with Cooked Vegetables
Seasonal Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy free, Egg free recipe
Make the most of summer vegetables like courgettes while they are still in season! This dish is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Dice all the vegetables into the approximate same size
- Grate Sheese
- In an oiled pan, over a medium heat, sweat the onions, with the carrot and celery. Once the onions are soft, add half of the grated Sheese and the courgette, and stir over the heat until the water has evaporated.
- Take off heat, add the other half of the grated Sheese, olives, salt, pepper and herbs to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- Warm the pita breads in an oven or a toaster. Cut them in half, open them, and add the cooked vegetables and Sheese filling.
- Serve with a spring mix salad.
Courtesy of Bute Island
When using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
• Dairy free
• Egg free
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 courgette
- 1 red onion
- 2 pita breads
- 227g block of strong cheddar style Sheese
- Handful of black olives
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt, Pepper and Herbs to taste
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens.
3.3 3.3 out of 5 (6 votes)