Scottish Heather Honey Cake
Seasonal Vegetarian recipe
A delicious cake to celebrate the taste of autumn. Of course, this recipe would in season year round, honey doesn't really go off. Brimming with Scottish ingredients like local, Scottish honey, Scottish flour and Scottish organic eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Butter a 20cm cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, followed by the honey.
- Gradually add the eggs, followed by the honey. Sift over the flour and baking powder and fold in gently to combine.
- Sift over the flour and baking powder and fold in gently to combine. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and shrinking slightly from the sides of the tin. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- When cold, slice and serve spread with unsalted butter.
Courtesy of Heather Hills
Special DietsWhen using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.