Bean and Seaweed Soup
Seasonal Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free recipe
According to a recent study, regular bean eaters are 22 percent less likely to be overweight and have smaller waistlines than those who pass on legumes. Beans release energy slowly into the body, making them a great weight loss food. 'They are also high in protein and fibre, which satiates the appetite and helps keep you full for longer periods of time.'
- Bring the kettle to a boil and mix the contents of the miso bouillon sachet in 900ml of hot water and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and add the garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add celery and leeks and sauté for five minutes.
- Add the tomato passata and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add all the Biokitchen vegetables, beans, kombu and miso bouillon stock.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes on a low heat. Remove and discard the kombu.
- Remove one cup of the soup, blend to a cream in an upright blender or use a stick blender and return to the pot. Stir in the parsley.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and black pepper (optional) and if you prefer finish off with a swig of Clearspring olive oil.
Courtesy of Clearspring
When using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
• Gluten free
• Dairy free
• Egg free
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.
- 1 celery stalk cut into small cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sachet Clearspring Miso Bouillon
- 2 small leeks finely sliced
- 2 stamp size pieces of Clearspring Kombu
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 226g of borlotti or mixed beans, cooked (canned organic is
- 4 tbsp tomato passata
- 900ml filtered water
- Chopped parsley or whole basil to garnish (optional)
- Half a jar of drained Biokitchen Sweet Corn
- One full drained jar of Biokitchen Garden Peas & Carrots
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens.