Strong Cheddar style Leek Pancakes
Seasonal Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy free, Egg free recipe
Rolled pancakes filled with creamy and 'sheesy' leeks. Great as finger food or as a main meal.
- Sieve flours, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the oil and whisk in the milk. Allow to stand for 10-15 min.
- Dice the leeks, then steam or boil them for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Drain well and mix in 2/3 of both Sheeses.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add 2 large tablespoons of batter mix (depending on size of pan) and spread across the pan, fry until lightly brown, turn over and fry for a further 30-40 seconds. Repeat and stack pancakes on a plate when cooked.
- Add the Sheesy leek filling and roll pancakes up, top with the remaining Sheese and pop under the grill for 1-2 min.
- Serve with a salad on the side.
Courtesy of Bute Island Foods
Special DietsWhen using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
• Dairy free
• Egg free
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.
- •115g or half a block of Strong Cheddar style Sheese
- 115g or half a block of Strong Cheddar style Sheese
- •2 large leeks, washed
- •2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- •120g Wholemeal flour
- •60g Soya flour
- •A pinch of Baking Powder
- •A pinch of Salt
- •1½ cup Soya milk
- •Oil for frying
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens.