Vegan Tofu Pad Thai
Seasonal Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free recipe
This Pad Thai recipe is absolutely delicious.
- First soak your rice noodles in boiling water as per instructions and drain
- Make your tamarind sauce. Add the tamarind paste, vinegar, ume, tamari and maple syrup to a small pan. Bring to a boil and then let it simmer on a low heat until everything is dissolved and mixed in well and leave aside.
- Then roughly chop or crush your nuts and leave aside. They do not need to be too finely chopped.
- De-seed and finely slice your chillies and add them with the juice of 1½ limes and ½ tsp of maple syrup to a bowl. Leave aside to pickle.
- Heat up your oil in a wok on a high heat and add onions with 2 pinches of sea salt.
- Stir on a medium heat until they turn translucent.
- Add garlic and 2 of the spring onions to the wok and mix in well.
- Add your soy chunks and one more pinch of sea salt and mix in.
- Then drain your silken tofu and pour the whole block into the wok. With your spatula mash it into the rest of the mix so that it mixes in like scrambled egg.
- Keep mixing everything for another 3-4minutes.
- Now add your noodles, your tamarind sauce, ¾ of the bean sprouts, ½ of the herbs and ¾ of the nut mix and mix in really well together.
- Once done turn off the heat and add ¾ of the radish slices.
- To serve: Add fresh herbs, carrot sticks, bean sprouts, lime, radish slices and nuts as garnish with pickled chillies on the side.
Courtesy of Clearspring
Special DietsWhen using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
• Gluten free
• Dairy free
• Egg free
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.
- ½ Bunch Fresh Basil Leaves
- ½ Bunch Fresh Mint Leaves
- ½ Carrot (cut into fine matchsticks)
- ½ Large Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 100g Clearspring Gluten Free 100% Brown Rice Noodles
- 125g Clearspring Bean Sprouts
- 150g Clearspring Silken Tofu
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves (finely minced)
- 2 Pinches Fine Sea Salt
- 2 Spring Onions
- 200g Rehydrated Clearspring Soya Chunks
- 65g Pink Radish (finely sliced)
- For the Pickling Chillies:
- ½ Orange Scotch Bonnet Chilli
- ½ Red Scotch Bonnet Chilli
- ½ tsp Maple Syrup
- ½ Yellow Scotch Bonnet Chilli
- Juice of 1 ½ Limes
- For the Tamarind Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 20ml Clearspring Ume Plum Seasoning
- 25ml Clearspring Mikawa Mirin
- 25ml Clearspring Tamari Soya Sauce
- 50ml Maple Syrup
- 55ml Clearspring Brown Rice Vinegar
- For the Toasting Nuts:
- 20g Clearspring Tamari Cashew Nuts
- 30g Clearspring Tamari Almonds
- Clearspring Sesame Oil
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens.