Chowder w/ Dulse seaweed
Seasonal Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free recipe
A thick, warming traditional Irish dish, with Dulse seaweed for an extra rich savoury flavour.
- Sweat the onions and leeks in butter for a few minutes
- Add the fish stock , milk, potatoes and Dulse and simmer for 15 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper and a small pinch of cayenne
- When the potatoes are tender and begin to break and thicken the broth you add the chunks of mixed fish and prawns or clams
- Allow the flavour to infuse and simmer gently over a low heat for 15 minutes. Add the cream and stirring it through in the last minute
- Garnish with parsley
Courtesy of Atlantic Kitchen
When using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
• Gluten free
• Dairy free
• Egg free
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.
- 1 large leek, trimmed and finely sliced
- 100ml soya single cream
- 2 small to medium onions, peeled and sliced.
- 300g prawns or clams
- 400g potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 40g coconut oil
- 500g mixed firm white fish
- 500ml coconut milk
- 600ml fish stock
- Large handful of Dulse seaweed
- Parsley, to garnish
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens.