Homemade Houmous (Hummus)
Seasonal Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free recipe
Houmous is packed full of essential nutrients like zinc, selenium and calcium as well as being a great source of healthy fats from the olive oil and tahini. Ready-made houmous makes a really handy snack, and it’s easy to make at home too!
1. Drain the chickpeas and rinse in a colander under the cold tap.
2. Place in your food processor with all the other ingredients except the oil.
3. Switch the processor on and pulse the ingredients together, drizzling the oil through the top of your food processor as you go. Stop when you have a creamy consistency.
4. Add more lemon juice, garlic and Herbamare® Original seasoning salt to taste.
5. Serve with oatcakes or as a dip with a selection of raw vegetables for a healthy snack.
Courtesy of A.Vogel (Bioforce)
When using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
• Gluten free
• Dairy free
• Egg free
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.
- 1 tin chickpeas in water
- 2 tbsp (or more) lemon juice
- 2 tblsp tahini
- Generous pinch (or more) of Herbamare® Original seasoning
- 2 tbsp (or more) olive or rapeseed oil
- •2 or 3 garlic gloves, crushed
- •4 tblsp water
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens.