Atlantic Dulse Mock Tuna Chickpea Salad
Seasonal Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy free, Egg free recipe
This creamy chickpea mock tuna salad is ideal for sandwiches, salads, or a baked potato filling. We used our rye crispbread to display an open sandwich.
Place the chickpeas in a bowl and give them a mash with the back of a fork. You want to break some up, but still retain some texture.
Add the tofu to the chickpeas and stir well so the chickpeas are coated, and there are no lumps of tofu.
Add the rest of the ingredients, and season to taste with salt and pepper or a drizzle of Yaemon Tamari.
Place a generous amount on the rye crispbread and enjoy as a snack or as a light lunch.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Courtesy of Clearspring
When using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
• Dairy free
• Egg free
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.
- ½ block Clearspring Silken Tofu
- ½ Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 Celery Stick - finely chopped
- 1 or 2 Spring Onions - finely chopped
- 1 pack Clearspring Rye Crispbread
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley - finely chopped
- 1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1-2 Clearspring Gherkins - finely chopped (around 2tbsp )
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Atlantic Dulse (rehydrated)
- Salt and black pepper
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens.