Seaweed and Spring Onion Pancake
Seasonal Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy free, Egg free recipe
Enjoy Spring with these tasty pancakes!
Sift the flour, put it in a large mixing bowl. Add the salt to the measured boiling water and mix well until dissolved.
- Add the salted boiling water to the flour whilst stirring slowly, using chopsticks or a spatula until the mixture comes together as a dough. use your fingers to combine well.
- Lightly dust the surface with flour, then place the dough onto a worktop and knead for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Cover the dough with cling film or a damp cloth and rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- To make the chilli dipping sauce, mix all the seasonings.
- Unwrap and divide the dough into four. Cover the rest of the dough with cling film or a damp cloth to prevent it from drying.
- Dust the worktop with flour and press each piece of dough onto the worktop using your palm, then roll out the dough to a very thin rectangle shape using a rolling pin. This will make a flaky texture.
- Spread a little oil on the surface of the dough and evenly sprinkle with spring onions and Clearspring Green Nori Sprinkle. ( You can add the reconstituted Wakame as well if you have some extra)
- Roll the dough gently and firmly into a cylindrical shape. then roll it from left to right to make it look like a lolly pop candy. set aside.
- Before starting to cook, gently roll the dough out to make a flat round shape as thin as possible. Heat the frying pan to hot, and lightly oil the frying pan then place a pancake on it. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until both sides are brown. Repeat the same process for the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve while they are hot with chilli dipping sauce.
Courtesy of Clearspring
When using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
• Dairy free
• Egg free
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.
- ¼ tsp Clearspring Unrefined Sea Salt
- 150ml Boiling Water
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Green Nori Sprinkle
- 200g Plain Flour + extra for dusting
- 50g Spring Onion
- 60ml Clearspring Sesame Oil
- Wakame - rehydrate and cut to small pieces
- For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1 Tsp Chilli Oil
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Brown Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Mirin
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Soy Sauce
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens.