Tofu Asparagus with Umami Rich Miso Sauce
Seasonal Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free recipe
This dish offers you a delicious way to add some organic greens and protein into your meal. You can replace the asparagus with any green vegetables, which you can steam or boil, if you prefer not to cook them in oil. A sprinkle of Clearspring’s Atlantic Sea Salad gives this dish an added depth of flavour.
- In a large frying pan, heat the sesame oil over medium heat, then add ginger and garlic. Take the ends off the asparagus and add to the frying pan. Let it cook till it is tender - 2-5min depending on the thickness of the asparagus or any other green vegetables. Add a splash of water if it is still hard. Place asparagus on a large plate once cooked.
- In a jar, mix all the dressing ingredients. Chop up the spring onion and chilli - to be added as a garnish at the end.
- Open the tofu pack, drain the water and place on the chopping board. Cut the tofu into 1-2cm blocks. Using your hands, carefully place the tofu on top of the asparagus. Sprinkle the garnish, then pour a generous amount of the dressing.
Recipe created by Lisa Dawson, published by Clearspring
When using the ingredients listed, this recipe is suitable for the following diets:
• Gluten free
• Dairy free
• Egg free
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens. Before consumption always check the label of each individual product/ingredient for allergens.
- 1 clove of Garlic - sliced
- 1 pack Clearspring Organic Japanese Tofu
- 1 tbsp grated Ginger
- 2 tsp Clearspring Organic Sesame Oil
- Asparagus or any other green vegetable
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp Organic Brown Rice Miso Paste
- 1 tbsp Organic Japanese Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Organic Japanese Mikawa Mirin
- 1 tbsp Organic Japanese Tamari Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the Toppings:
- ½ Red Chilli
- ½ Spring onion - sliced
- A sprinkle of Toasted Sesame seeds
- Clearspring Organic Atlantic Sea Salad
Please Note: May still contain traces of gluten, egg and dairy or other allergens.